At 7.30pm on Monday 10th August is our AGM. All members encouraged to attend. This is an opportunity for us to reflect and celebrate the progress we’ve made as a club over the last year, and look at the opportunities ahead.
Our 48th annual report is available here.
We are sad to lose Stewart Clark who has been Secretary and Social Convenor, but grateful for all he’s done. If you would like to look after social events including Quiz Night, or help out in any way please contact a member of the committee to find out more, or put your hand up at the AGM. Bring a snack and beverage, we’ll see you there!
Show your MTC club pride by wearing our smart playing strip. The range includes shorts, skorts, tee shirts and sleeveless singles. Options for everyone! See the new Apparel Page
Support the club and get good deals on restaurants, cafes and activities. It’s easy!
Go to www.entertainmentbook.co.nz and choose Maungaraki Tennis Club to support us.
All MTC courts and the club rooms can now be accessed. Remember to contact trace, maintain physical distancing, and limit the surfaces you touch.
Twilighters – Winter League starts late July. Until then whoever’s keen for a hit on Monday or Tuesday evenings just head down and we'll make up teams on the night.
Outside of that, for casual play please keep booking through email@example.com
Great news – MTC courts are accessible from Sunday 17th May 8am.
To enable this, we need to follow Tennis NZ Guidelines – please respect these and appreciate they’re in place to look after yourself, loved ones and the community.
Accessing the courts:
- To book a court – email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give 24 hours notice. Jason will confirm court availability and confirm your booking.
- Contact tracing – you need to complete this form before play
- We will have up to two courts operating at a time (8 players total)
- Club rooms are not open
- Members only access to courts during this period.
- We expect Twilight to resume for Winter league
- In the meantime, if you want to organise your own hit, contact email@example.com with your contact details and preferred playing times. Geoffrey will circulate a list to those who are interested to self-organise.
- Play and Go – much as you might want to, please don’t hang about after play
- Social distancing – 2m. When you change ends, walk alternate ends of the net
- Bring and use your own gear, racket, balls, hand sanitiser
- Exercise caution with common touch points (gate, net etc)
- Racket bumps are still a good thing
Club Champs (entries close 29 May)
- We’re excited to be planning Senior Club Champs for June / July
- Each round you will have approx. 2 weeks to play your matches
- You’ll need to contact your opponents to arrange match times
- Events: Singles, Doubles, Mixed doubles (separate singles and doubles draws for Men and Women)
- Grades A, B, C (A Grade - Prem interclub, B grade - HVT interclub players who play Twilight League, C Grade - Twilight League Members). Note B and C grades may be combined if entries are small for C grade.
- Masters for Over 40 years – Singles, Doubles, Mixed
- If you are interested contact Jason at Captain@mtc.co.nz
- If you’re interested in doubles but don’t have a partner, we'll do our best to help you out
Look forward to seeing some of you on court soon.
Advice from Tennis NZ about practicing good hygiene is attached. If you're not feeling well, please rest and get better at home, your team mates will get by without you.
The key change on court is the introduction of the 'Racket bump'. It's a wonderful part of sport that we acknowledge our opponent/s on court, please do this by bumping rackets rather than shaking hands. We did this at interclub on Saturday and Junior champs on Sunday, it takes a moment to remember but everyone soon gets used to it.
Bring a Friend and give tennis a go at the Open day! Bring your friends, family, neighbours, co-workers and have a fun afternoon of tennis. This is for everyone, so juniors and seniors grab your friends and come on down. We will have a sausage sizzle for gold coin donation. See ya there!
Sunday 18th February 2018, 1-3pm wet or fine.
MTC is pleased to announce our 2019-20 Open Day will be run in conjunction with Tennis New Zealand’s ‘Love Tennis’ nationwide tennis day.
Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th September 2019, 1-4pm
Tennis is a great way to improve your fitness and to meet new people and have fun. Join the club that is well known for its friendly and social atmosphere! We cater for all ages and abilities and offer a variety of programmes to suit you and your family. See details here.
Come along to Maungaraki Tennis Club to have a go!
10A Barberry Grove, Maungaraki Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The club's 47th Annual General Meeting AGM is set for Tuesday 9th July 7.30pm at the clubhouse.
The new AGM report is here and contains the agenda.
All members are welcome and encouraged to attend. Please come along to reflect on the year gone by, provide feedback, and help shape up the direction of our club for the next season.
Our website has been revamped.
We have cleared down all the old news items so you may arrive here if you were looking for things no longer on our site.