Club reopening with caution
Great news – MTC courts are accessible from Sunday 17th May 8am.
To enable this, we need to follow Tennis NZ Guidelines – please respect these and appreciate they’re in place to look after yourself, loved ones and the community.
Accessing the courts:
- To book a court – email email@example.com. Please give 24 hours notice. Jason will confirm court availability and confirm your booking.
- Contact tracing – you need to complete this form before play
- We will have up to two courts operating at a time (8 players total)
- Club rooms are not open
- Members only access to courts during this period.
- We expect Twilight to resume for Winter league
- In the meantime, if you want to organise your own hit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and preferred playing times. Geoffrey will circulate a list to those who are interested to self-organise.
- Play and Go – much as you might want to, please don’t hang about after play
- Social distancing – 2m. When you change ends, walk alternate ends of the net
- Bring and use your own gear, racket, balls, hand sanitiser
- Exercise caution with common touch points (gate, net etc)
- Racket bumps are still a good thing
Club Champs (entries close 29 May)
- We’re excited to be planning Senior Club Champs for June / July
- Each round you will have approx. 2 weeks to play your matches
- You’ll need to contact your opponents to arrange match times
- Events: Singles, Doubles, Mixed doubles (separate singles and doubles draws for Men and Women)
- Grades A, B, C (A Grade - Prem interclub, B grade - HVT interclub players who play Twilight League, C Grade - Twilight League Members). Note B and C grades may be combined if entries are small for C grade.
- Masters for Over 40 years – Singles, Doubles, Mixed
- If you are interested contact Jason at Captain@mtc.co.nz
- If you’re interested in doubles but don’t have a partner, we'll do our best to help you out
Look forward to seeing some of you on court soon.