Maungaraki Tennis Club will operate as a fully vaccinated venue from 20 December
- From 20 December 2021, everyone visiting Maungaraki Tennis Club must be fully vaccinated or exempt from vaccination under government rules, to access club facilities or be on site. This means you will be asked to show your My Vaccine Pass on arrival.
- At Junior Club Day sessions – Parents and spectators are asked to see Michael or one of his coaching team and show your My Vaccine Pass.
- Vaccination passes must be provided for sighting, verification as requested, and updated once expired. You can show this in person to a Committee member or Coach. We will record this for regular visitors so you don’t have to show your pass every time you visit.
- Members who have had their passes verified and who wish to bring visitors to the club, must sight that person’s vaccine passport. We’ll rely on the honesty of all members to support this.
- Contact tracing – please continue to scan in using the NZ Covid Tracer App, or leave your details in the box in the club rooms.
This decision has not been made lightly. Under our current status of ‘Orange’ under the Covid Traffic Light system, without requiring passes, we could operate with up to 50 people on site. However, we believe the points below outweigh this.
- We have a duty of care to protect the health and safety of our members, and we are particularly mindful of our members aged under 12, and over 60.
- Our duty to represent the majority of members, who are likely to have chosen to follow public health recommendations.
- Appreciation that many workplaces and schools are already following strict protocols.
- Understanding members value having access to a safe sporting environment.
- Acknowledging members interact with a range of people outside the club, who may be in the vulnerable category.
- Hutt Valley Tennis is operating as a Vaccine Pass only business. This extends to competitions run by Hutt Valley Tennis, and matches played at other venues under that league, including at MTC.
- Our intention is to keep everyone as safe as we can, and to operate our facilities as normally as possible. We appreciate your support and cooperation.
If you have any questions, please contact one of our Committee members.